Richard (Rick) L. Graham
I am an AutoCAD professional with over 20 years on-the-job experience seeking employment in the MEP and Civil fields. I am a proven and published author/subject matter expert with AutoCAD and Civil 3D. I can help your company succeed and be profitable by staff training and by implementing/utilizing the latest technologies. Strengths include:
* Results-oriented professional that thrives to see a project done correctly and on time.
* Ongoing desire to learn new technologies and to implement them into the workflow process.
* Setting and keeping of long-range and short-range goals and constantly reassessing those goals.
* Keeping a positive attitude during stressful times.
Technical Training, Recognitions, and Certifications
* President AUGI Chapter Civil Harrisburg User Group 2009-2011
* Autodesk University 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2010
* Speaker Autodesk University 2010
* Synergis Civil 3D Training Certificate – 2006
Civil Designer, Civil Science, Inc.
Lehi, Utah 2011
* Designed roadway systems per UDOT standards using Microstation and Civil 3D
* Designed roadway systems per Idaho Department of Transportation (IDT) standards using Civil 3D.
* Designed roadways and bridges per local municipal standards using Civil 3D.
* Team designer for a Hydroelectric Plant using Civil 3D.
Author/Technical Editor, Sybex, an imprint of Wiley Publishing, Inc.
San Francisco, CA 2006-2011
* Technical editor for Mastering Civil 3D 2008, 2009, and 2010
* Co-author Introducing Civil 3D 2010
* Co-author Mastering AutoCAD for Mac
* Assisting author with Mastering AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2012
* Co-author Mastering Civil 3D 2012.
CAD Manager/IT Manger, James R. Holley & Associates, Inc.
York, Pennsylvania 2004-2011
* Manage drafters in coordination of work and quality assurance
* Making resolutions pertaining to drafting/design/IT/Networks
* Developed and implemented of CAD Standards and CAD manual
* Training users in Civil 3D in both individual and group settings.
* Designed subdivisions, utility sections/profiles, 3D surface generation with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
* Resolve Networking issues, Backup Maintenance, PC/Server troubleshooting/building and repair.
CADD Technician/IT Coordinator, Northfield Engineering and Design, Inc.
York, Pennsylvania 2003-2004
* Designed subdivisions, utility sections/profiles and 3D Surface generation with AutoDesk Civil
* Assisted in CAD manager duties when needed (CAD helpdesk, training, customization)
* Managed network (NT Server and Windows 98/XP clients. (15 workstations, plotters and printers)
* Maintained company website
Design Specialist, Aquatic Resource Restoration Co.
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania 2001 – 2003
* Created company CAD standards for the company. This includes layering standards, sheet design, details generation and documentation.
* Prepared/designed civil plans, sections and details for stream restoration, wetlands design and earth moving.
* Utilized GIS for mapping of stream assessment and presentations. (ESRI Arcview)
* Coordinated data sharing with design engineers
* Assisted in field survey crew.
* Maintained the network (Windows XP clients in peer-to-peer networking)
* Designed and maintained company website
Network Administrator, The Clark Group, Inc.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 2000 – 2001
* Created network documentation on multi-sites. This included patch panel charts, flow diagrams and IP addressing schemes. This facilitated troubleshooting the network and identifying IP addresses which are and are not in use.
* Researched, implemented and maintained a corporate AntiVirus application, which involved 120 clients and 10 servers. As a result, the company saved money by not purchasing single license versions. Also a single source for virus updates helped network traffic and internet usage.
* In addition to daily administration tasks, I set up and maintained the company intranet
* Main point of contact of PC hardware/software issues for a 150+ client-base. I assisted in online training for clients as well as remote administration/helpdesk. I was recognized for my speed in resolution of problems.
* Planned, customized and implemented multicast Ghost sessions to load base software sets on 12+ computers simultaneously. As a result, this saved approximately two hours per client to complete the project.
HVAC/Plumbing Designer, St. Onge, Ruff and Associates
York, Pennsylvania 1991 – 2000
* Drafted/Designed HVAC/Plumbing plans for commercial manufacturing facilities.
* Was promoted within 5 years to HVAC/Plumbing designer.
* On-Site inspections and field survey, including blast freezers, bakeries, and production facilities
* Assisted in CAD configuration, lisp writing, and customization for users.
Associates in Specialized Technology York Technical Institute
York, Pennsylvania 1987 – 1989